Myscript Stylus

posted in: Uncategorized | 0

This app profile was scribbled out by Troy Welch with inspiration, advice and consultation from Brian Lamb What is it? I don’t know if it is just me and my stubby fingers, but I find the ‘Lilliputian keyboards’ on mobile … Continued

Festival of Learning Reflections

posted in: Uncategorized | 0

[dropcap]E[/dropcap]arly in June a small group of intrepid TRU folks made their way to the Festival of Learning. The four days passed at a furious rate. As I await my homeward flight in the quiet and relatively unknown Stanley’s Brew … Continued

Cloud Computing

posted in: blowin' smoke, Digital Life | 0

“…it’s cloud illusions I recall…”[ref]http://jonimitchell.com/music/song.cfm?id=83[/ref] [dropcap]T[/dropcap]he “Cloud” has become a staple of everyday computing. We can store our documents in the cloud, create content in the cloud and use a variety of cloud applications. We can move from work to … Continued

Blogus Interruptus

posted in: blowin' smoke | 0

[dropcap]N[/dropcap]ot sure where that half a year went. My joining Brian Lamb in the TRUOL Innovations dept. was a fairly unusual recruiting process. I’ll forgoe the details for the pub, but he needed first to introduce a diagnostic period to determine … Continued

WordPress & Microsoft Word

posted in: Wordpress | 0

I know they both have the letters “word” in them, but can WordPress and Microsoft Word really work together somehow? Recently I discovered not one but two ways that MS Word can be helpful in your WordPress work. Copy and … Continued

Handling Content

posted in: Wordpress | 0

Wordpress has three standard places to put the majority of your stuff: Configuration settings, pages and posts. There are also some non-standard places to put stuff. You will want to think carefully about where you are going to put your … Continued

Site Planning

posted in: Planning | 0

[dropcap]T[/dropcap]here is a quote attributed variously to Benjamin Franklin or Winston Churchill. I first encountered it on a hand produced wooden plaque at my uncle’s cabin. The cabin is constructed on a side hill and depends heavily on a series … Continued